When placing a baby down for a rest or sleep all staff follow safety procedures to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (sids), these are:
● Lay the baby at the foot of the cot
● Place baby on their back or side – NOT on their front as per SIDS advice.
● Loosen clothing
● Bibs removed
● Check room temperature on thermometer is appropriate and report if not
● Use minimum blankets needed
● Ensure room is well ventilated and door is left ajar
● Check baby every ten minutes recording this on sleep sheet
When a very young baby is in our care, that baby will be placed to sleep in the baby section and not the sleep room. When the time comes for the baby to sleep in the sleep room, this will be considered on an individual basis.
Bedding is washed after each use.
Bedding is never shared.